AdvanceFirst have seen their EDI Managed Service operations grow by about 20% in the first quarter of 2013 with logistics, the catering & hospitality sector and food retail leading the way and being the early adopters this year.
The Q1 2013 success triggered this statement about EDI Managed Services from Peter Thomas:
[blockquote text=’I think in the past some companies have been put off by the thought of handing over such a key trading function as EDI to a third party and also worried about the high costs that are always associated with Outsourcing any important systems or processes. The benefits of EDI Outsourcing are almost too numerous to mention in this short statement, but I will list a few below:’ text_color=’#3399cc’ width=’90’ line_height=’undefined’ background_color=’#e1e1e1′ border_color=” show_quote_icon=’yes’ quote_icon_color=’#3399cc’]
• Much lower cost of operation of the EDI function
• Full 24×7 back up and system maintenance as standard
• No need to train extra people to provide cover
• Simply send us your output formats and we will translate these into the input format required by your trading partner.
• Your trading partners send us their (varying) formats and we change them all in the single input format required by your systems.
• Greater visibility and control of your trading documents as they pass between yours and your trading partner systems
• Easy to manage system, trading partner or EDI document changes
• Provide a more proactive service to clients – Become easier and more flexible to trade with.